The Impact of COVID-19 on the Opioid Crisis
Over the last 90 plus days, much has changed in our world. COVID19 has forced many of us to endure unfamiliar hardships and inconveniences. But our most vulnerable populations, such as those struggling with OUD, have been hit particularly hard by the coronavirus.
To better understand the impact of coronavirus on the opioid epidemic, we teamed up with some of the nation’s top opioid epidemic experts and former guests of the podcast:
- The Co-Director of Opioid Policy Research at Brandeis University, Dr. Andrew Kolodny.
- New York Times Editorial Writer and Bestselling author of Dopesick, Beth Macy.
- Former Clinton White House aide, author of American Fix, and recovery advocate, Ryan Hampton.
Together, meeting online for last week’s live webinar, we discussed some of the most pressing questions on the current state of the Opioid Crisis:
- How has COVID-19 affected those struggling with OUD?
- How has the pandemic changed the way we treat opioid addiction?
- What has the struggle against coronavirus taught us about fighting the opioid crisis?
For answers to these questions and more on our conversation, join us for this special episode of the Cover2 Resources PPT Podcast.